My Italian Aunt often made this when we went to visit. I was just given the recipe. It is so good and so easy to make. You can use any leafy green like spinach or turnip greens but romaine has a nice sweet flavour so it was always the first choice. This is more like a chili/stew style soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash lettuce well and chop leaves in half.
- 2Saute onion and garlic in oil in medium size pot until slightly brown, slowly add chicken broth stirring well.
- 3Add one can of beans with juice and one can without, lettuce and salt and pepper.
- 4Cover and simmer 20 minutes on med-low heat.
- 5Serve in bowls and top with cheese.
- 6Serve with fresh bread for dipping.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beans and Greens
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.8
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 681.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 18.8 g