Recipe by bmcnichol
This is a definate favorite of my children. It is quick and easy to make and freezes nicely.
Top Review by lildido921
This was super good, super easy and freezes perfectly!! My whole family loved it! I did make a few changes due to what was in my kitchen...instead of ketsup I used 1/2 cup chili sauce and a 1/2 cup of bbq sauce. I also used campbells bean and bacon soup in place of the baked beans and bacon. I left out the cheese (only bc I forgot). And I also cooked the cornbread seperately and just placed the dish over the corn bread when i served it. Will definitely make again!!
- 2 (481.94 g) package cornbread mix
- 793.78 g can baked beans
- 4 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 226.79 g sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 473.18 ml shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the beans, hot dogs, bacon, ketchup, brown sugar and onion.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and top with corn bread batter.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- Bake the second casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through.