This is a definate favorite of my children. It is quick and easy to make and freezes nicely.
Make and share this Beans and Franks Bake OAMC recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the beans, hot dogs, bacon, ketchup, brown sugar and onion.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and top with corn bread batter.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- Bake the second casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through.
This was super good, super easy and freezes perfectly!! My whole family loved it! I did make a few changes due to what was in my kitchen...instead of ketsup I used 1/2 cup chili sauce and a 1/2 cup of bbq sauce. I also used campbells bean and bacon soup in place of the baked beans and bacon. I left out the cheese (only bc I forgot). And I also cooked the cornbread seperately and just placed the dish over the corn bread when i served it. Will definitely make again!!
This was a really great recipe. Something different with a great taste. Thanks for posting.
Buddha went beans over this dish! I only made 1 pan, but exactly as written. This is a great recipe for home, and for a camping trip, it would be awesome too. Thanks for posting. :)