This is a definate favorite of my children. It is quick and easy to make and freezes nicely.
Make and share this Beans and Franks Bake OAMC recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the beans, hot dogs, bacon, ketchup, brown sugar and onion.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and top with corn bread batter.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- Bake the second casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through.