Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This simply yummy recipe is from Country Woman magazine.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, onions, garlic and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, ketchup and mustard. Simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Separate biscuits and cut in half; arrange over beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18 minutes or until biscuits are golden. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
I made this recipe and it is very good and kid friendly my kids loved it. It was easy and quick to prepare.