Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw someone cooking these on a television show. They didn't give any quantities, but I've adapted this recipe from what I saw. It might not be authentic Beans a la Bordelaise, but it tastes great, so who cares? By the way, as well as cooking this in a pan, I've cooked this dish in a foil container on the barbecue (grill).
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 50 g butter
- 300 -400 g green beans, topped and tailed
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- In a small bowl or jug, whisk together cream, egg yolks, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan over a medium-low heat.
- Add beans and garlic and cook, tossing often, for 8-10 minutes, or until beans are tender.
- Remove pan from heat and pour in cream and egg mixture.
- Toss mixture constantly until the sauce has thickened and the beans are well coated - the heat retained in the pan should be enough to thicken the sauce, but return the pan briefly to the heat if necessary.
- (In the unlikely event that the sauce curdles, don't panic, just stir in another egg yolk.).
- To finish, stir in parsley and serve immediately.