Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Whenever my mother would make chili, I'd pick the hamburger out & just eat it. I can't stand beans, which is why this chili gets a thumbs-up from me! Based off the Skyline Chili (I saw a show on the food network & went off hunting down a recipe for it) This also freezes beautifully (which is good, seeing as how much it makes!)
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 5 pieces finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups tomato puree
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 jalapeno peppers
- 4 cubanelle peppers
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- To prepare the peppers - Cut them in half, get rid of all the seeds. Then steam them in 1 inch of water for 15 minutes. Let them cool, then scoop out the pulp.
- Brown the ground beef with the onions & garlic. When browned, add all the other ingredients.
- Cover & simmer for 3+ hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over pasta or beans (if you like them), with cheese on top. (servings are calculated if you serve it this way - if you eat it as is, it's closer to 5 or 6).