Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am not a fan of beans and decided to make a chili but leave out the beans. this recipe is what I came up with and my friends and family love it.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb stew meat, cut into small chunks
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 14 ounces jenny-o turkey sausage, cut into small chunks
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 (32 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 8 cups frozen corn
- 1 package chili seasoning mix
- 1 package fajita seasoning mix
- saute beef and chicken in the oil until brown adding onoins, celery, and garlic halfway through (after about 3 min.) add in the remaining ingredients.
- let simmer for one hour.
This dish has a very deep flavor. It was a bit spicy for my taste, but my husband and son had seconds. Didn't have turkey sausage, so subbed with pork sausage and used some fresh basil I had from my garden. Very good.