Recipe by Secret Agent
My Mother used to make this for us for rainy day lunches. Since half of us were fussy eaters she would give funny names to meals to get us to eat them and hot dogs and beans became Beanies and Cecils. Beany and Cecil was a TV show and Cecil was a seasick sea dragon (to see what they looked like - http://www.tvparty.com/bgifs17/beany.jpg). Try this for your kids and see if they like them better with a funny name and their own Seasick Sea Dragon puppet.
- 6 hot dogs
- 1 (24 ounce) can baked beans
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coleman's mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the hotdogs into coins and mix with remaining ingredients. Bake uncovered in a 1 1/2 quart casserole for 1 hour, 15 minutes or until the top is caramelized.
- 1 brown paper lunch bag per child (or one old tube sock).
- crayons and markers.
- colored paper.
- glue stick.
- bits of yarn.
- pom poms.
- While the casserole bakes, keep the kids out of your hair by letting them make paper bag Cecil puppets.