Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
My version of beans and franks. One daughter likes the beans part and the other daughter likes the franks part. Even though this seems like it is mostly for kids, I eat this all the time myself. It only takes about 10 minutes to make.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 lb hot dog, halved lengthwise and then cut into thirds
- Mix first five ingredients in a saucepan.
- Stir in hot dogs.
- Simmer 3-4 minutes.
Very good recipe! I always loved beanie weenies and this is a good one!
Great recipe! Yummy comfort food at its best. I followed exactly, but also chopped the hot dogs smaller for my toddler. I also added a can of sliced carrots and 2 small cans of V8, made it more soup-y but also snuck in more veggies. ;) I served this with salad and DH, DS, and I all were VERY happy with dinner! It's a keeper for sure -- thank you so much for sharing!
This is very good - though I add about a 1/2 cup of ketchup ( we like it a little more tomato-y). I always serve this with corn bread and chunky applesauce. A family favorite for kids and grown-ups, too! Thanks for posting this