Recipe by billysarmylife
This is the taco meat that my grandma use to make me when I was a kiddo. I make it now for my kiddo, we use it in tacos, burritos, frito pie, nachos, taco salad, and to top tators.
Top Review by 2bizzy
I made this recipe to use on a taco salad. I liked it because it was saucy and not as dry as regular taco meat. I also like the addition of the beans. I will definitely use this recipe again and again. I bet it would be great on a potato or in a burrito. Thanks for posting it! PS I only used a half cup of water and it came out perfect.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili beans (I use Bush's Magic Chili Starter medium spice Texas style)
- 1⁄4 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons miced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place yellow onion, garlic, and ground beef in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Break up hamburger into fine pieces with a spatula and cook until hamburger is brown.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add chili powder, worcestershire sauce, Bush's Magic Chili Starter, water and garlic salt.
- Simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes or until thickened to desired consistency.
- Then use as you would like, or can be frozen to use later.