Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are awesome, very low fat brownies. Almost all the women in my office are on diets and one woman brought these in. I love munching on their awesome low fat recipes.
- 1 (18 1/3 ounce) box brownie mix, for a 9 x 13 pan
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- powdered sugar
- Put entire can of beans in a blender and liquefy.
- Add liquefied beans to dry brownie mix and blend well.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 greased (or sprayed if watching fat content) pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
I've been baking these brownies for years. You don't HAVE to use a 9x13" pan, you can use a 9x9 or 8x8 too. Then bake according to the box for that pan size. I strongly recommend draining and RINSING the beans. Then fill the can 1/2 full and use that instead. These brownies are good and low in fat. Definitely a nice treat that won't make you feel too guilty.
A friend of mine made these (with added semi-sweet chocolate chips dried cherries-YUM) and brought as dessert for a dinner party. No one had any idea they were a scrumptious vegan treat, or the hidden bean secret! Her hint: rinse and drain beans and replace the liquid with water. I would definately recommend for kids :)