Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was one of my mom's recipes' that she said her mom used to make while she was growing up for a large family with very little money. Its a quick dinner and my picky eaters love it!
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 425.24 g can chili beans or 425.24 g can kidney beans
- 737.08 g cancampbell's canned spaghetti and sauce (may use spaghetti-o's)
- salt and pepper
- chili powder
- Brown ground beef and drain off fat.
- Add chili beans and spaghetti.
- Heat until warm.
- Season with salt and pepper and chili powder to your preference.
- (as a personal preference I like to add a spoonful of cream cheese to my bowl or sour cream) Enjoy!
Made this pretty much as given, to get the feel of what it was like, & must say, for using canned spaghetti it wasn't bad at all! Another time, though I'd use homemade pasta sauce & a handful of ready to cook spaghetti (then break it into short pieces & cook it, of course) A go from there! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]