Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Well, I was fooling around in the kitchen when I came up with this. I was trying to get rid of my canned veggies and beans. It's obviously nutritious and full of fiber and can go in about a bazillion different directions, but this is how I make it.
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetable soup (I use Healthy Choice)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can peas
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
- hot n' spicy bbq sauce (I use about a quarter cup)
- flour, if needed or cornstarch, as a thickening agent if needed
- Start by pouring the broth, soup and beans (undrained)into a large pot and mix together, gently.
- Drain your vegetables and pour into the pot with your beans. Stir together gently.
- Add your spices and BBQ sauce and mix that together as well.
- Turn your burner(or whatever) to medium high. Let your concoction sit for about 10-15 minutes, or until heated through. If there is too much liquid, after heating through, then add about a spoonful of flour and mix together. It should thicken up nicely. After stirring, taste it and see if it is to your liking. If not, add more spices or BBQ sauce to your liking and let sit a while longer.
- When it's all good and ready, serve it hot plain, with ketchup on top, with cheese mixed in or add some Tabasco to kick up the flavor. It refrigerates well for a long time.