Prep 12 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Filling & wholesome.
- 1⁄2 lb great northern bean
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- Place beans in enough water to cover well & soak overnight.
- The next day, cook beans until almost tender.
- Add tomatoe juice, carrots, potatoes, celery, pepper, & bayleaf.
- Fry bacon & crumble. Add bacon to soup.
- Saute onion in a little bacon grease, then add to soup.
- Salt to taste, if needed.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Prep time shows 12 hrs to include soaking the beans overnight.
- Serve with a nice crusty bread.