Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great recipe that I adapted from a Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe. It's vegan!
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mild green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Saute onions and garlic.
- Layer the drained beans on top of onions. Add diced tomatoes and their juice, green chilies, enchilada sauce, vegetable broth, spices and bay leaf.
- Cook 1 of 2 ways. Slow cooker: cook on low for 6-8 hours. Pressure cooker: Cook for 3 minutes after weight starts rocking. Reduce pressure quickly.
- Remove bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla strips, avocado. Optional: shredded cheese, sour cream.