My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups canned vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups peeled seeded butternut squash, 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onions and celery; saute until onions are golden, about 7 minutes.
- 3Add garlic; stir 1 minute.
- 4Add broth and next 5 ingredients; bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat; cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- 6Transfer 3 cups soup to blender; cool slightly, then pure until smooth.
- 7Return pure to pot with soup.
- 8Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Ladle soup into bowls.
- 11Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoons basil and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bean, Tomato, & Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.4
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 167.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
canned vegetable broth