Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Bean, Tomato, & Butternut Squash Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups canned vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups peeled seeded butternut squash, 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and celery; saute until onions are golden, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic; stir 1 minute.
- Add broth and next 5 ingredients; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer 3 cups soup to blender; cool slightly, then pure until smooth.
- Return pure to pot with soup.
- Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoons basil and serve.
I pureed it all beacause I was too lazy to chop finely and because I like the creamy texture. I'll be making this again.