Top Review by batya
this was really easy to make and tasty...but i ended up putting a dash of soy sauce (literally a dash..too much would ruin it) and i used a bit more sesame oil...and my fish sauce was a mixture that i bought in the store so its probably all off anyway! i also used chopped cilantro and basil and mint which was a delicious addition. ...but it was nice and easy
- 4 ounces bean thread vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, toasted and chopped fine
- 3 scallions, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 small carrot, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- 1⁄8 cup mint, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Pour over the vermicelli. Let it sit for a few minutes until it softens and becomes translucent.
- Drain water and rinse with cold water.
- Allow to drain.
- In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir to finish dissolving the sugar. Add the sesame oil.
- In a serving bowl, combine the noodles, sauce, peanuts, scallions, carrot, cilantro and mint. Mix well to combine.
- Taste for seasoning and correct. For a spicy version, mince a jalapeno and add to taste to the sauce to before microwaving.