Recipe by Lalaloula
These potatoes are spicy, full of flavour and also quite good for you as they are packed with proteins. If you feel like indulging a bit, add some sour cream on top or some shredded cheese.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
I made this for lunch using homemade beans, served with a salad for great meal. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'll be making this again when I have leftover vegetarian chili. Thanks for posting the recipe.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 100 g chili beans, canned, drained and 1 tbs liquid reserved
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoons cheese, grated (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash potatoes (do not peel). Prick several times with a fork.
- Bake in the pre heated oven at 180°C/375°F for 45-60 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Let cool a bit. Cut off a slice of the long side of the potatoes. Scrape out flesh, leaving a potato boat, which you can then fill.
- Combine beans, 1 tbs of the bean liquid, oil and spices in a bowl. Add potato flesh (including the slices you cut off). Mash.
- Fill the chunky bean mash into the potato skins. Top with cheese if desired.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top if you like.