Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the Foodcourt column,Weekend. This is a good way to use up the fresh basil growing in your garden! Preparation time does not include the time required to soak the green gram(whole green moong lentils) in water, then drain the following day, cover and keep aside on the kitchen countertop, and get the sprouts the next day. It takes a total of 3 days for that.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bean sprouts
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced round
- 4 -5 lettuce leaves, washed
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the Pesto, blend basil, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and cheese in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Keep aside.
- Line a salad plate with lettuce leaves.
- Spread the bean sprouts over it.
- Place the sliced tomatoes over the bean sprouts.
- Spoon the Pesto over the salad.
- Serve at once.