From the Foodcourt column,Weekend. This is a good way to use up the fresh basil growing in your garden! Preparation time does not include the time required to soak the green gram(whole green moong lentils) in water, then drain the following day, cover and keep aside on the kitchen countertop, and get the sprouts the next day. It takes a total of 3 days for that.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To prepare the Pesto, blend basil, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and cheese in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 2Keep aside.
- 3Line a salad plate with lettuce leaves.
- 4Spread the bean sprouts over it.
- 5Place the sliced tomatoes over the bean sprouts.
- 6Spoon the Pesto over the salad.
- 7Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bean Sprouts And Tomato Salad Topped With Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.8
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 742.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 12.0 g