Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a traditional stir fry recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb fresh bean sprout
- 2 cups cut snow peas
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Put the oil and mustard seeds in the wok and cover with a lid. The seeds will pop like popcorn and the wok must be covered or they will fly out.
- Prepare all the vegetables.
- Once the mustard seeds are brown, add all the seasonings except for the pine nuts and the corn starch.
- Add all vegetables except the bean sprouts.
- Cook until vegetables are partly softened. do not over cook.
- Add the bean sprouts and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain liquid from the wok into a bowl.
- While wisking, slowly add corn starch.
- Return liquid to the wok and cook for another minute.
- Stir in pine nuts or add as topping.
- Serve as a side, with meat or on a bed of egg noodles.