Recipe by Aussie-In-California
My Mom used to make this for special occasions. I could eat a whole batch of this all myself. It is even better the next day all wilted and soggy, but most people prefer it fresh.
Top Review by ellie_
We enjoyed this salad which is also very adaptable to changes. I used the whole head of lettuce but only about 6 ounces of bean sprouts and everything as indicated, except in the dressing I used chili sesame oil (I didn't have the other kind) -- very good and it makes a lot! I will be having this very WW friendly salad for lunch all week! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, chopped 1-inch squares
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 -16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (I prefer Olive)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar or 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil