Bean Sprout and Pepper Salad (Moyashi Sujoyu-Ae)
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar, and oils in a small bowl and reserve for dressing the salad.
- Rinse bean sprouts in colander under cold running water; drain.
- Julienne the carrots: Cut carrots crosswise into 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths; cut lengthwise into1/16 inch (2 mm) thick slices. Stack carrot slices and cut lengthwise into 1/8 inch (3mm) wide strips.
- Julienne the peppers: Cut green peppers lengthwise into quarters; cut quarters crosswise into 1/8 inch (3mm) wide strips.
- Heat water and salt to boiling in 3-quart saucepan over medium high heat; add carrots, cook 1 minute. Add green peppers; heat to boiling. Add bean sprouts, stir, and remove from heat.
- Drain vegetables; cool completely. Squeeze slightly to remove excess water.
- Place vegetables in a medium bowl. Just before serving, add dressing and toss lightly until thoroughly mixed. Divide into 4 small bowls.