Adapted from the Japanese Cooking Class Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix soy sauce, vinegar, and oils in a small bowl and reserve for dressing the salad.
- 2Rinse bean sprouts in colander under cold running water; drain.
- 3Julienne the carrots: Cut carrots crosswise into 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths; cut lengthwise into1/16 inch (2 mm) thick slices. Stack carrot slices and cut lengthwise into 1/8 inch (3mm) wide strips.
- 4Julienne the peppers: Cut green peppers lengthwise into quarters; cut quarters crosswise into 1/8 inch (3mm) wide strips.
- 5Heat water and salt to boiling in 3-quart saucepan over medium high heat; add carrots, cook 1 minute. Add green peppers; heat to boiling. Add bean sprouts, stir, and remove from heat.
- 6Drain vegetables; cool completely. Squeeze slightly to remove excess water.
- 7Place vegetables in a medium bowl. Just before serving, add dressing and toss lightly until thoroughly mixed. Divide into 4 small bowls.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bean Sprout and Pepper Salad (Moyashi Sujoyu-Ae)
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.6
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 930.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g