Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
Adapted from the Japanese Cooking Class Cookbook.
Make and share this Bean Sprout and Pepper Salad (Moyashi Sujoyu-Ae) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- 2 medium carrots, pared
- 3 small green bell peppers
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar, and oils in a small bowl and reserve for dressing the salad.
- Rinse bean sprouts in colander under cold running water; drain.
- Julienne the carrots: Cut carrots crosswise into 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths; cut lengthwise into1/16 inch (2 mm) thick slices. Stack carrot slices and cut lengthwise into 1/8 inch (3mm) wide strips.
- Julienne the peppers: Cut green peppers lengthwise into quarters; cut quarters crosswise into 1/8 inch (3mm) wide strips.
- Heat water and salt to boiling in 3-quart saucepan over medium high heat; add carrots, cook 1 minute. Add green peppers; heat to boiling. Add bean sprouts, stir, and remove from heat.
- Drain vegetables; cool completely. Squeeze slightly to remove excess water.
- Place vegetables in a medium bowl. Just before serving, add dressing and toss lightly until thoroughly mixed. Divide into 4 small bowls.