Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Modified from MSN recipe. Great in the slowcooker.
- 3 (14 ounce) cans low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups spinach
- In a slow cooker, combine broth, tomato puree, beans, rice, onion, garlic, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir spinach into soup and serve topped with Parmesan cheese.