Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
Wonderful soup easy to prepare. Serve with crusty bread.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Italian sausages, diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta
- 1 (400 g) can four-bean mix
- 1 1⁄2 liters water
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add sausage. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until golden. Remove from sauce pan and set a side.
- Add leak, garlic, carrot and celery to the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add stock cubes and 1 1/2 liters of water.
- Bring to the boil reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add pasta and beans and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until pasta is al dente.
- Return the sausage to the soup and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
This was perfect for lunch on a chilly summer day. I know two sausages would have been plenty, but I had six, so used them all. A French friend once told me that Australian stock cubes are not as strong as European ones, so I used four cubes instead of just two. That's probably why my soup looked a lot darker than yours. I was out of shell pasta, so substituted small spirals. This was super easy to make and everyone at lunch loved it. Thanks so much for posting.