Recipe by Chef at Heart
Great on a fall or winters day/eve. You can prep it the night before and plug it in the next morning to have dinner waiting
- 3 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 10 ounces corn, frozen whole kernel
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 31/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker combine water, beans, undrained tomatoes, corn, carrot, onion, undrained chili peppers, bouillon granules, chili powder, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve with buscuits or rolls if wanted.