Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Adopted from Recipezaar, February 2005. Haven't had time to try yet.
- 18 ounces medium white beans
- 2 medium scraped and sliced carrots
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 2 ripe chopped tomatoes
- chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Soak the beans in water overnight to soften up.
- The following day rinse, drain and place them in a pot with water.
- Add the carrots, the celery, the tomatoes, the onions, the olive oil and let everything boil over a medium fire for about 1 1/2-2 hours .
- Serve warm with anchovies or grilled herring and black olives.