Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this one day when I was too sick to go to the store, so I just threw together what I had in the house. It turned out so well that I have made it again on other occasions. To make it even more nutritious, you could probably add canned vegetables as well. This is a good basic recipe that is very forgiving of experimentation.
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans (do not drain)
- 1 (13 ounce) can broth (I used vegetable, but chicken or beef would probably work, too.)
- 1⁄2 cup macaroni
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, bring the broth to a boil.
- Add macaroni and cook until almost tender.
- Add the beans and the liquid in which they were packed.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking until the macaroni is done.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Quick, easy, and delicious. Thanks for posting!