Bean Salad With Salad Greens & Dressing
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans, drain and rinse
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drain and rinse
- 1 (14 ounce) jar water-packed artichoke hearts, drain and quarter
- 1 cup plum tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 ounces prepared mixed salad greens, your choice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- fresh thyme, to taste
- Greek oregano, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine first 7 salad ingredients in a bowl, set aside. Don't add prepared salad greens yet, set them aside to chill.
- Whisk first 8 dressing ingredients in a small bowl, adjust seasoning to taste. Stir in feta cheese.
- Pour dressing over salad, stirring to combine. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Before serving, toss with chilled prepared salad mix. Dust with black pepper.
- Serve immediately, won't keep, salad greens will wilt.