Prep 7 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Serve as a side dish or see variations below. I created this to accommodate using all pantry ingredients to help use my food storage more efficiently.
- 44.37 ml vinegar, white
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml oregano, dried
- 411.06 g can tomatoes, diced with lime juice & cilantro, well drained
- 425.24 g can corn, super sweet variety, well drained
- 425.24 g can black beans, well drained
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans, well drained
- 425.24 g can kidney beans, well drained
- Blend first 3 ingredients in a big serving bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients & blend all together.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours preferable in fridge or also good at room temperature.
- Serve & enjoy.
- I use "low sodium" vegetables when possible. Cut out spices & use plain tomatoes if you want a more mild flavored Bean Salad.
- Variations: Make into complete meals.
- Taco Salad: add 26 ounces (2, 13 oz cans) chicken breast, 1 TB cumin, 1 ts black pepper, put on tortilla chips.
- Baked Potato Bar: use as a topping.
- Casserole Style: use the drained vegetable juices to cook long grain white rice in & serve bean salad on top with a cheese sauce.
I have made this recipe on numerous occasions and every time I do, I have people surrounding me asking what it is. Its is always a big hit! I altered it a little bit and use fresh lime and cilantro instead of it being in the canned tomatoes. When you see it made, it looks like it was complicated but making it is so easy!
Quick, easy, healthy and yummy! I also made using fresh cilantro and lime juice, plus added a diced sweet onion.
I couldn't find the lime and cilantro tomatoes, so I used garlic and onion tomatoes instead. I omitted the garlic powder and added some lime juice. Since I'm not a big fan of cilantro I didn't bother adding any. However, that might have been a mistake as I found the salad to be a little bland. I also used white kidney beans instead of red as that is what I had. I took the salad to a potluck dinner as a side dish, but my brother told me he wished he could eat it with some tortilla chips and beer. Very easy to make and I love how colorful it is.