Recipe by ct in ut
Serve as a side dish or see variations below. I created this to accommodate using all pantry ingredients to help use my food storage more efficiently.
Top Review by 4thelove-of-f00d
I have made this recipe on numerous occasions and every time I do, I have people surrounding me asking what it is. Its is always a big hit! I altered it a little bit and use fresh lime and cilantro instead of it being in the canned tomatoes. When you see it made, it looks like it was complicated but making it is so easy!
- 3 tablespoons vinegar, white
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced with lime juice & cilantro, well drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, super sweet variety, well drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, well drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, well drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, well drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend first 3 ingredients in a big serving bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients & blend all together.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours preferable in fridge or also good at room temperature.
- Serve & enjoy.
- I use "low sodium" vegetables when possible. Cut out spices & use plain tomatoes if you want a more mild flavored Bean Salad.
- Variations: Make into complete meals.
- Taco Salad: add 26 ounces (2, 13 oz cans) chicken breast, 1 TB cumin, 1 ts black pepper, put on tortilla chips.
- Baked Potato Bar: use as a topping.
- Casserole Style: use the drained vegetable juices to cook long grain white rice in & serve bean salad on top with a cheese sauce.