Serve as a side dish or see variations below. I created this to accommodate using all pantry ingredients to help use my food storage more efficiently.
- 3 tablespoons vinegar, white
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced with lime juice & cilantro, well drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, super sweet variety, well drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, well drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, well drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, well drained
- Blend first 3 ingredients in a big serving bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients & blend all together.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours preferable in fridge or also good at room temperature.
- Serve & enjoy.
- I use "low sodium" vegetables when possible. Cut out spices & use plain tomatoes if you want a more mild flavored Bean Salad.
- Variations: Make into complete meals.
- Taco Salad: add 26 ounces (2, 13 oz cans) chicken breast, 1 TB cumin, 1 ts black pepper, put on tortilla chips.
- Baked Potato Bar: use as a topping.
- Casserole Style: use the drained vegetable juices to cook long grain white rice in & serve bean salad on top with a cheese sauce.