Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Use whatever type of cooked beans you like in this recipe. You'll need about 4 pounds total. I like to pick out beans that have different colors and shapes, to provide interest. You can use your favorites.
- 4 (16 ounce) cans green beans or 4 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans or 4 (16 ounce) cans chickpeas or 4 (16 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 4 (16 ounce) cans wax beans or 4 (16 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained (whatever strikes your fancy)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix ingredients together and marinate for several hours or overnight before serving.
- Cook time is time needed to marinate.
Great tasting salad if you do like sweet. I only used 3 cans of beans: red kidney, pinto and white northen. I cut the dressing down to 1/2 and only used 1 tsp sugar. I also added some diced jalapenos. Will make this one again since it's so tasty and easy! Made for Rookie Recipe Tag Game 2013.
This is really good but has a significantly sweet flavor. If you like a sweet bean salad this is for you. If you prefer a less sweet and more tangy salad, I would cut the sugar in half.
This was very tasty and a snap to make. We halved the recipe, using a can of chickpeas and a can of black beans. Very nice combination of flavours - we'll be making this one again! Thank you for posting your recipe!