Sweet and tangy bean and veggie salad.. my mom has been making something similar to this for years, I just gave it my own touch... Great for partys and bbq's since its not mayo based... ENJOY! Cook time is marinate/chill time
- 1 (11 ounce) can shoe peg corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can cut green beans (not french)
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Open all cans of veggies. Drain the green beans and cut in half and put into a large bow. Then drain and rinse kidney beans and add to bowl. Drain the corn and add to the bowl too. Once all the canned veggies are in the bowl, and the celery, onion and peppers, set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine vinegar, sugar, oil, pepper (add more or less per your taste) and salt. Mix and heat in microwave (30 secs at a time) to heat to disolve the sugar. Stir and place in freezer for about 5 to 8 mins, just to cool the liquid.
- Once the liquid mixture is cool, stir and pour over the veggies in large bowl. Cover and marinate at least 8 hours stirring as often as possible.
- COOK TIME is Marinate/Chill Time.
- This is GREAT but it must marinate at least 8 hours (0vernight is what I do).
- Serve w/a slotted spoon as there is a lot for juice.