Prep 4 hrs
Cook 5 mins
A good use for the extra beans you've grown.
- 4 cups fresh beans (i.e. green, yellow and burgundy)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 (15 ounce) can bean medley
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3 teaspoons celery seeds
- Clean beans and break into 1-inch pieces.
- Rinse canned beans and place all in bowl.
- Heat oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, mustard, celery seed and honey for 5 minutes on medium-low heat. Mix with beans, pepper and celery.
- Place in fridge for 4 hours or more.
- Add onion before serving.
This salad is nice. The dressing is flavorful. I followed the recipe given here, but next time I make a green bean salad, I think I'll choose a recipe where the beans are lightly cooked before being mixed with the dressing. I think that would give me more control over the texture. Thank you for posting this recipe. It was interesting trying it.