Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Copy Kat Chat message board.
- 1 cup basmati rice, soaked and rinsed
- 13 ounces coconut milk (1 can)
- chicken broth (enough to equal 2 1/2 cups WITH the coconut milk)
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon walkerswood traditional jamaican jerk seasoning (dry)
- 1 pinch saffron
- salt & pepper
- Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Add ingredients, stir. Cover, microwave on high for 5 minutes, then 50% power for 25 minutes.
- Let rest with cover on for 10 minutes before serving.