Recipe by Lady Dancer
This is a good alternative to regular baked beans. Although I've tried to use a crockpot on this recipe, it really is a better consistency if baked, which allows some of the moisture to bake off. The crockpot leaves it too runny and not nearly as appetizing as it is when oven baked. Good stuff!
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can navy beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse the first three cans of beans.
- Combine with pork and beans and remaining ingredients.
- Combine in large pot or crock.
- Brown bacon together with hamburger and onions.
- Add to bean mixture and bake at 350 for 30 minutes with lid on.
- Remove lid and bake 30 minutes with lid off.