Recipe by ~Robyn~
Another "oh that looks good" recipe from Paula Deen. Prep does not include cooking the ham and beans.
- 3 cups leftover cooked white beans (these are best cooked with a ham hock for flavor)
- all-purpose flour, enough to bind patties
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, coarsely mash beans with a fork and add flour until well combined. Shape bean mixture into 4 patties.
- Melt butter and oil together in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add bean patties, in batches as necessary, and brown on both sides until crispy.
- Spread mayonnaise on 2 pieces of white bread.
- Place bean patty on bread and top with onions.
- Repeat to make 4 sandwiches.