Recipe by khah
Dont let the name throw you off. These are really sweet, moist muffins. a perfect breakfast snack! You dont taste beans in your muffins, if you didn't know you added the beans, you would never guess! i got this recipe from "Wholly Frijoles, the whole bean cookbook". It really is too wonderful to keep a secret!!
Top Review by Sudie
What a wonderful muffin! Very moist, sweet, and full of good nutrition. I threw in some nuts and craisins I had instead of the raisins. Had to make two batches since I only have one large muffin pan, and I found the second batch rose even better; maybe letting the batter "rest" for a few minutes is a good thing. Thanks!
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats (rolled oats)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- puree beans with milk in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and beat in egg, oil, honey and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients, mixing until just moistened.
- Stir in raisins.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.