Recipe by iknitok
From my recipe box - an old favourite. I use them as hors d'ouvres, entree or snack, or I accompany them with some asian-style soup as a main - like Tom Yum soup or Chicken and Sweet Corn soup. They are quick and easy to make.
- 100 g vermicelli rice noodles
- 150 g green beans
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 inch fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1⁄2 chili, finely chopped (or leave out altogether if you don't like heat)
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (or regular, if preferred)
- 1 egg, quickly whisked with fork
- 1⁄4 cup cornflour
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water, allow to stand for 5 minutes, drain and return to bowl. Snip with kitchen scissors to 1 or 1+1/2 inch lengths.
- Slice the green beans finely into thin rounds, add to noodles.
- Add garlic, ginger, chilli, soy sauce, egg and cornflour.
- Mix until well combined.
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based frypan over medium heat. When hot, add large spoonsful of mixture. Cook cakes for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Transfer cakes when cooked onto kitchen paper, cover to keep warm until mixture is all used up.
- Serve immediately.