Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Makes a great lunch!
Make and share this Bean Nachos (Vegetarian) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 small red onions, diced
- 1 small red chile, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 (14 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 6 1⁄2 ounces corn chips
- 2⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- sour cream, to serve
- Score a cross in the base of each tomato. Place them in a bowl of boiling water for 30 seconds, and then plunge them into cold water and peel the skin away from the cross.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon. Chop the tomatoes.
- Mix together the avocado, lime juice, and sweet chili sauce.
- In large frying pan, over medium heat, heat the oil. Cook the onion, chili, oregano, cumin, and chili powder for 2 minutes. Add in the tomato, tomato paste, and wine and cook for 5 more minutes, or until the liquid reduces. Add in the beans and coriander.
- Divide the corn chips into 4 portions. Top with the bean mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top of each serving.
- Serve with the avocado mixture and sour cream.