Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
In ‘The Everything Tex-Mex Cookbook’
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup canned pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded muenster cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place tortilla chips on a large rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine refried beans, pinto beans, chili powder, and salsa.
- Heat over medium heat until mixture just begins to bubble, stirring frequently.
- Pour bean mixture evenly over chips.
- Sprinkle with tomato, chili, and cheese.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until cheeses melt and begin to bubble.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with sour cream and guacamole.