Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A nachos recipes from Super Food Ideas magazine- mexican style recipe. Serve with mashed avocado or guacomole
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, diced (sweet red bell pepper)
- 1 small green capsicum, diced
- 2 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 400 g diced tomatoes with juice
- 420 g four-bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 (220 g) packet corn chips
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add red and green capsicum, corn kernels, tomatoes, beans and Tabasco. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and beans are heated through.
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Arrange corn chips on heatproof serving plates.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Spoon over bean mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until corn chips are crisp and cheese is melted.
I have found some great recipes in the Super Food magazine and this one was no exception. I did add a little 'Lite Sour Cream', before eating. I would suggest tasting the beans before plating up as I would add a bit more Tobasco sauce next time to give it a little more hit. Otherwise what else can I say. DH & I demolished the lot along with a tasty bottle of NZ Red!! :yummy: Oh and I did use a fresh cob of corn. While it would probably be okay with canned or frozen, having the crunch of fresh corn really made this dish perfection. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap March 2013