Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Easy "chili" without the beans for all phases of lo-carb dieting. NOTE** Substitute 2 lbs of either the ground turkey or beef with italian or chorizo sausage for a nice change-up!
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 large anaheim chilies, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1 (26 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 cups water
- Brown the meat in a large stock pot and drain.
- Add all other ingredients to the meat mixture and and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for an hour.
- Serve with shredded cheese, fresh avocado slices, sour cream or olives.