Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I can't honestly say where this recipe came from...if I had to guess...it would be from the Moosewood series. This is made in the slow cooker. However...I guessed at the cooking times as I didn;t have any written down.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red lentils or 1⁄2 cup green lentil, soaked 1 hr
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth (or homemade or veggie stock)
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth (or veggie)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT the last two in slow cooker.
- Set temp to low for 7-8 hrs OR high for about 5 hours.
- Add the Worcestershire and balsamic at the end of cooking.