Simple, delicious and anything with chicken, cheese and beans cannot be too bad! This is a Del Monte recipe. Hope you enjoy!
- 411.06 g can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers (I recommend Del Monte)
- 425.24 g can black beans or 425.24 g can pinto beans, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4.92-9.85 ml minced jalapeno chile (optional)
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 236.59 ml cubed grilled chicken
- 4 flour tortillas
- 118.29 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- diced avocado (optional)
- Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid.
- Chop the tomatoes.
- In large skillet, combine tomatoes, reserved liquid, beans, garlic, jalapeños and cumin.
- Cook over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes, till thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add chicken.
- Arrange tortillas in a single layer on grill or another skillet.
- Spread 3/4 cup chicken mixture over each tortilla.
- Top with cheese.
- Cook about 3 minutes or until bottom of tortilla browns and cheese melts.
- Garnish with lettuce and avocado if desired.