Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple little side salad for BBQ's. Nice w/ grilled chicken. Something a little different than the usual picnic salads.
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, diced into small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat thousand island dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, place the drained black beans, celery, red pepper, onion, and cheese cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the thousand island dressing, cumin and salt.
- Pour the dressing over salad mixture and gently toss to evenly coat.
- Chill until serving.
This is such good mixture; everything came together perfectly; loved including the reduced fat thousand island dressing to a bean salad. What a nice addition to my summer meals. I made this for WT 5 Mexico; thanks for posting. Rita