Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
You may add spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cumin, or chili powder as desired. Each serving size is 1/2 cup. This came from Cornell Cooperative Extension. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- 15 ounces canned pinto beans
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 3⁄4 cup shredded colby cheese
- Drain and rinse beans under cold water.
- Mash beans with a potato masher until smooth. Combine mashed beans with salsa and cheese in a small pan or microwave-safe dish.
- Heat on stove or in microwave until warm and cheese is melted.
Very good and easy dip. I forgot to buy tortilla chips so I decided to use this as a burrito filling in flour tortillas. Made for Spring 2012 Pick A Chef.