Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Originally posted by Joni on a homeschool message board that I frequent. Choose your favorite salsa to suit your taste. Also, original recipe calls for a handful of cilantro, but I leave that out.
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until well blended and creamy.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita, wraps, etc.
- Store in refrigerator, but best served at room temperature.
The recipe is simple and easy but still very good. I used habanero salsa for a real spicy kick along with the optional cilantro. Made in a mortar and pestle instead of a food processor and it turned out great. For an inexpensive dip that takes minutes to make you can't go wrong with this bean dip