Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is our version of nachos.
Make and share this Bean Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (I use the nonfat version)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese or 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup taco sauce (mild or medium, depending upon taste)
- 2 cups sour cream
- liquid hot pepper sauce
- olive, sliced
- avocado, slices
- green onion
- tortilla chips
- Cook hamburger, onion, garlic over medium heat until done.
- Add liquid hot pepper sauce and salt, to taste.
- Spread beans in 13 x 9 pan.
- Put meat on top of beans.
- Top with chilis.
- Sprinkle on cheese.
- Put on taco sauce to cover cheese.
- Bake in 350°F for 30 minute.
- Remove and top with sour cream.
- Top with other garnishes of choice.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This is so much more than just a bean dip, in my humble opinion! I was happy, at one point, to use is as a spread thick on an equally thick slice of whole grain bread! Anyway, I pretty much made it as given, but topped it off with the green onions, black olives & diced tomato! A keeper, for sure! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
This was a fantastic dip! I did add a can of small kidney beans and used Taco Sauce for the sauce. I added a layer of cheddar cheese over the hamburger than added the taco sauce and than a layer of Monterey Jack Cheese over that and baked until the cheese melted and let cool down before adding the sour cream and toppings. I shared this with everyone at the lake and they all loved it. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
This is an excellent flavorful and easy bean dip to put together and enjoy. We loved it. I made almost as directed. I used a Mexican blend cheese, jalapeno hot sauce, left out the olives and used homemade refried beans and taco sauce. Just wonderful. Thanks for sharing