Recipe by Mexi-Rosie
Spicy,comforting and savory Mexican chowder.Preparation time does not include cooking of the beans.
- 250 g beans, whole and cooked, plus their cooking broth
- 2⁄3 cup canned corn niblet
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 nopales (cactus paddles(cooked or canned, in julienne pieces)
- 1⁄4 lb pork rind, crumbled in bite size pieces
- 2 fresh serrano chilies, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee onion in oil, and when transluscent, blend in the flour, stirring until it is foamy.
- Add one cup of bean broth and cook for 4 minutes, stirring so no lumps form.
- Add the beans and sufficient bean cooking broth to make it soupy.
- Add the julienned cactus and the corn niblets.
- Serve hot, garnishing with the crumbled pork rind and the serrano chiles to taste.